Sewing & Embroidery Machine
Electronic needle piercing power provides superior results when sewing heavy fabrics or multiple layers. Stitch without hesitation.
FEED LAYERS EVENLY
The included Interchangeable Dual Feed Foot is designed to feed layers of fabric and/or batting evenly and is perfect for quilting, sewing velvet, stretch fabrics, leather, and fabrics that need precise pattern matching.
Stitch larger embroideries than any other machine in its class with the included 360x200mm hoop. Let your creativity grow even larger and embroider with the market’s largest embroidery area using the optional 360 x 350mm DESIGNERTM Majestic Hoop (shown here).**
PERFECTLY BALANCED BUTTONHOLES
The Sensor One-Step Buttonhole Foot automatically sews perfect one-step buttonholes every time. Buttonholes are sewn on both sides in the same direction for evenly balanced buttonholes in 15 buttonhole styles.
LARGE SEWING SURFACE
Sew large quilts, home decor projects, and garments easily with nearly 10” (250mm) of sewing area.
LIGHT UP YOUR SEWING
Designed to give even light across the entire work area using LED technology and light guides. See fabric and stitches in true color.
SWIFT SEWINGFinish your projects in no time! Embroider up to 1,000 stitches-per- minute, and sew upto 1,050 stitches-per- minute.
PATENTED AND EXCLUSIVE STITCH TECHNIQUES
Customize any project with exclusive patented stitch techniques that give your project dimensional elements that are effortless and irresistible.
• 680 stitches (up to 54mm wide)
• Exclusive Stitch Techniques:
• Pop-Up Stitches • Sequin Stitches
• Appliqué Stitches • Yarn Stitches
• Theme Stitches
• 5 programmable font styles with both upper and lower case letters.
OVER 620 EMBROIDERY DESIGNS
Endless opportunities to be creative.
• Over 620 embroidery designs, incorporating 30 specialty
• Multiple categories for quick and easy design selection.
• 8 embroidery fonts, each in different sizes, from 10 to 80mm.
• Advanced Design Positioning - Get the most accurate, advanced design positioning of any embroidery machine in the DESIGNER SAPPHIRE 85 machine’s category.** Place and match your embroideries with this feature for stitch point accuracy.
• Design Customizing - Modify and customize embroidery designs on screen.
• Combine multiple designs
• Rotate, mirror image, scale, resize, move • Color edit
• Group and ungroup designs
• Change stitch out order
• Color block sort
• Color block merge
• Design Shaping - Create shapes repeating existing designs, or stitches in Design Shaping for unlimited new embroideries. Automatically adjust your selected designs or stitches along
a variety of shapes and lines.
• Design Appliqué - Create appliqués directly on the screen of your machine, no extra software required.
• Choose from built-in shapes such as a heart, flower, letters, and more.
• Finish your appliqué with different stitch options for a one-of-a-kind result.
Sew a new story with exclusive stitches and embroideries included on the DESIGNER SAPPHIRE 85 sewing and embroidery machine.
Deluxe STITCH SYSTEM
The effortless deLuxeTM Stitch System offers a perfect thread delivery method with high-quality stitching on both sides of the fabric regardless of the thread or fabric used. The perfect solution for metallic or other specialty threads.
• Thread Portioning - Senses the thickness of the fabric
and portions out the optimum amount of thread for each stitch, providing high-quality results on both sides of the fabric.
• Thread Portioning or Thread Tension - Choose
between Thread Portioning or Thread Tension for specific techniques/accessories.
PERFECT EVEN FEEDING
The EXCLUSIVE SENSOR SYSTEMTM feature automatically and continuously senses the thickness of your fabric and adjusts the feeding accordingly as you sew.
SENSOR FOOT LIFT
• Presser foot lowers and raises automatically for every sewing technique.
• Four positions: down, pivot, up, and extra lift.
• Automatically lowers feed teeth when raised to extra lift
for maximum space to slide thick fabrics and quilts under the foot easily.
SENSOR FOOT PIVOT
• Automatic pivot position with needle down for instant pivoting, easy appliqué, and quilting.
• Your hands are free to guide the fabric.
• The pivot position floats directly above the project fabric
and adjusts to the thickness of the fabric directly under the foot. Sewing projects with a variety of thicknesses is a breeze!
SENSOR FOOT PRESSURE
The presser foot continuously senses the thickness of the fabric and automatically adjusts the presser foot pressure for even feeding on all fabric types.
STRAIGHT STITCH PLATE AND SENSOR
The Straight Stitch Plate and Sensor are the perfect combination for straight stitch sewing with any special accessory or embroidery. Attach the Straight Stitch Plate and the machine sensor alerts you if you select any stitch other than a center position straight stitch.
TOP MACHINE FEATURES:
mySewnetTM- enabled with cloud-based storage, wireless transfer of designs, and updates
Access to mySewnetTM Library directly on-screen.
Access to several free apps and web services.
JoyOS ADVISORTM feature with tutorials and more
8” full-color capacitive touch screen with high resolution
Large sewing surface with nearly 10” (250mm) working space
Maximum 94 NWT pulsating needle force
LED illuminated workspace
High embroidery speed with up to 1,000 stitches/minute
Top and bobbin thread sensors
Multi-Function Foot Control compatible
Complete On-Screen User’s Guide with search function
Smart Toolbox with one-touch access to most used tools
Realtime clock and stopwatch
Separate bobbin winding motor
Bobbin winding through needle
Jam proof rotary hook
Designed and engineered in Sweden
16” (41cm) ruler on base plate with button ruler
Hardcover included for protective storage